Sunday, June 8, 2008

I am still alive

Yes, everyone I am still alive!
Well, Monday night about an hour before leaving work I just did not feel right. When I got home I told Danny I did not feel good and did not want anything to eat. In the middle of the night I was getting the chills and not sleeping well. I decided to go into work evn though I should have called in. By the time I got to work I could not stop dry heaving and throwing up. I called the nursing office and told them they needed to call someone in because I will not make it. Thank God my co-worker came in for me at about 930am.
When I got home I just did not feel well. I was not throwing up anymore but I had the chills. Danny had called the dr. office and they told him to to have my mom take my temp and if was > an 101 to come in at 130. So I took my temp and it was about 101.5. So, my dad took me into the office and there my temp was about 102.2. The dr. came in and did an exam and concluded that I had a virus. He said to go home stay on clear liquids and if it gets worse then call him and I would have to go to the hospital. Danny worked late that night and by the time he got home the temp was still 102. So, danny called the Dr, and as he was calling the Dr, the Dr was calling us on the house phone. Danny told him was was going on and he said just go straight to the hospital and he will call the hospital to let them know I was coming.
At the hospital my temp all night long was going up and down 100, 101 then 102. Then to make matters worst I started having diarrhea, just like the Dr. said I would have. At the hospital of course they put an IV in so I could have fluids and gave Tylenol around the clock to bring down my temp. At about 6 in the morning the temp when down to 98.9. The Dr had come in a short while later and said he was going to have me eat a clear liquid tray for lunch and come by again to see how I was doing. Later that day he had come in and said when the tray gets here and you are able to hold it down and the temp stays down then you can go home. So, later that afternoon I was discharged.
I went home and still cont to have have a couple of high temps. The Dr. called me at home to see how I was doing and I let him know the temps were still coming and going along with the diarrhea. He said to just keep taking the Tylenol and keep on clear liquids.
So, now we are on Thursday morning because Tuesday I was admitted and Wed I was discharged.
Thursday I was still feeling like crap and having the temps with the diarrhea so I just rested on the couch all day long. The Dr. had called me again that night to check up on me and he said if at all I get worst this weekend to give him a call. Late, Thursday night I started having these really bad cramping pains in my lower abdomen that we going to my back. So, I was thinking that they might be contractions. These were happening all night long but where not consist. I had called the hospital at about 2 or 3 in the morning to ask them if they were contractions they said they could be, but since I was dehydrated to drink some water (about 2 glasses) to see if they would go away and i they did not they said to come to the hospital. So, by the time Danny got up to get ready for work they were still coming and going. At about 1130 I decided I was going to call the Dr and ask them what I should do. They said they sound like contractions and go to the hospital. So, again I went to the hospital.
I was having contractions and they had given me some medications and let me go home. When I got home I had a couple of more contractions and still, yes still having diarrhea.
Friday, I just layed around the house to get better.
Saturday, we had to call the on-call Dr because I was having loose, bloody stool and he said to take Kaopectate to help. And it slowly did.
Sunday, I was writing this so I must be feeling better and just having the diarrhea, with no contractions.
YES, I AM ON MY WAY TO RECOVERY!
PS Thank you to my mom for cleaning the house and doing to laundry, while also taking me to the hospital. And Dad for taking me to the Dr and the hospital! Love you papa for taking care of me and forcing me to drink h20.

No comments: