Saturday, October 18, 2008

Back to Work

So, this week I was back at work on Thursday. And of course it has to be on my first day back they put me as a nursing aid, oh well, I do not mind really. It was not that busy and I had a good team. All my co-workers and doctors were glad to see that I was back to work. Of course they asked what I had and I showed them a picture of my beautiful little girl.

Work has changed so much with regards to dispensing medication, new protocols etc. So much to learn again in this line of business. This is why I kind of hate floor nursing because everything changes and it is never for the better. These people who think of this "great" ideas and they get implemented never think about the staff and if it is going to work for them. For example, we use to have medication carts and they are individual assigned to each patient and you role that cart to each of the rooms to dispense their medication to them. However, now we have to walk (I mean I do not mind the exercise since I can not work out the days I work) all the way to the middle of our department where there is a Pxis machine get out the medication for 1 patient, give them there medication then do it this each time for all 5 patients. It is a lot of work. Then, you have other patients wanting something for pain and then you have to go back to the machine to get that medication. And mind you that you have 5 nurses on the floor doing this for all the patients and their is one machine for that floor. Yep it sucks!

I truly missed Miss Madison on my first day back to work. I called my mom like 5 times I think to check to see how my mom was doing. I know Miss Madison is a great baby but since there was someone new I wanted to make sure they were both holding up and of course they were. My mom knows what to do, but since it has been a long time I just wanted to check in to see how things were going. On Wednesday I was talking with Miss Madison and telling her when mommy goes to work try to stay wake so we could see each other and she has been. On my first day back I held her and was telling her about my day and of course she was cooing back to me. I started crying because I truly missed her and all the fun we had playing, talking etc. I got past the crying and knew that me getting out of the house and going to work would make me a better mom when I come back home to take care of her. I work 3 days out of 4 which is great and I still get to be home with her and see her develop. I do not think I could do a Mon-Fri job because that would ultimately kill me emotionally.

I was suppose to work today but they have put me on stand-by which really sucks. I still have to go to work to get my flu shot and then I guess start cleaning the house.

Danny is doing great and working/studying hard. He has another test this Monday in another class so he will be studying all weekend.

This Sunday we are getting Mady blessed at our church and we are really excited.

No comments: