Monday, August 18, 2008

The Gonzalez Big Adventure

Well, Saturday Danny's parents and younger brother came up to visit Miss Madison. My Dad cooked dinner on Friday so all we had to do was heat it up on Saturday and then make a salad and cook the garlic bread. That evening, minus my parents, we played the Wii. Then, Sunday was going to be Miss Madison's first day of some adventures (and mine too). First, we took Miss Madison to church in the morning at 845 am, then about 1230 the three of us took off to the Kern River where my friend Aimee, her fiance and a couple of her family members were camping. About 20 -30 mins into driving Miss Madison is crying and it is her feeding time or maybe gas. So we pull over at a hiking spot to feed her. During the feeding she lets out which seems to be either a big fart or poop. After the feeding Danny takes her to the back of his car to change her and sure enough she had a HUGH poop, I mean HUGH, WATERY AND YELLOW. As Danny was about to change her this herd of a Mexican family comes near Danny to see the little one. I am in the back and I can see out but they can not see me because of his tinted windows. I notice one of them looking down into Danny's shorts (the one's that have pockets on the sides). He looks and walks a little bit away and the mother of the herd says something in Spanish about how cute and small Miss Madison is (not thinking Danny knows Spanish) and of course Danny responds to what she said by saying how old she is, but while the mother was saying that and Danny responding I noticed the guy come back to Danny and this time a little closer and looking at his pocket. Now, I am worried and get out of the car whisper to Danny about the guy, quickly change Miss Mady (as I am faster at changing her), sweep her up and we all jumped in the car and took off. Just a little scary. We are about 5 mins away as Miss Madison is screaming again. We finally get to the spot and notice that there is a 5 mile an hour zone so I take out Miss Mady and comfort her while we are waiting for Aimee to get us. We finally make it and we enjoyed our stay.
We finally left about 5pm and knew she would not get hungry because she just had eaten. No, No, No it was when we drove out of the camp site she is crying again and is hungry. We pull over and have her latch on because it has been about 4 1/2 hours since I last pumped. After about 10 mins she is good and we are on our way home. We finally get home about 6 15 which is not bad (it only takes about 45 mins to get to the River).
Well, that was really Miss Madison and my big adventure in close to 2 months. It was great to get out and see Aimee and everyone.

1 comment:

Jeri said...

What's the matter, you guys afraid of Danny's people now? Danny you are so white now. :o)
We babysat Miss Madison this evening and she slept just about the whole time. Miss Madison told me tonight if my parent's lips are moving they must be lieing(not spelled right) because she never screams, she is just the best baby. Plus she said "you don't have to tell everyone about her poops, is there nothing personal anymore"? She also said "Grandma" doesn't tell everyone about all her farts, oh but little does she know, I'm going to start to.
Happy 1st Anniversary Love you guys