Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Miss Madison's Dr. Appointment Results

Well, Miss Madison weighs in at 8 1/2 lbs, yes you read that right, 8 lbs. She has gained a great amount of weight so whatever we are doing we have to kept it up. Also, she has added 2 inches in length to her body. The Dr did answer all of our questions again. She still has the umbilical hernia which the Dr says will go away. The gas situation will be there and she will eventually grow out of it. Also, she has had 2 maybe 3 loose bowel movements and he did not seem to concerned right now and said just to watch them. She did get the Hep B shot and I did not cry at this one as she did not cry for very long. In 3 weeks when we go back for all the others we will see how we both do.
Danny starts school on the 26th and I am sure he is not looking forward to it but he has to finish. He has come so far and he is almost there. He will hopefully be able to apply for the nursing program next Jan as he has 4 more classes he has to take before he can apply.
Monday night for some reason Miss Madison was screaming bloody murder for 3 hours with Danny and 30 min for me. I guess it was gas but who knows. I eventually took off her clothes and put her to my chest and playing some soft music and she then really calm down. Poor Danny should have gotten me earlier to help him (I guess he did not want to bug me because I was sleeping). She finally went to bed about 230 am and slept the rest of the day but did wake up for feedings.
Her diaper rash has gone away thanks to my cousin Marisa for the cream. Also, I found that when I used a certain wipe to wipe her she got the diaper rash again so needless to say we stopped using those particular wipes.
Everything else is going great and I can not wait until Miss Madison and I can walk in the mall, park and visit Daddy at work when she gets her first shots.

1 comment:

marisa said...

Way to go, Miss Madison. You're packing on those pounds and you need to so you can be big and strong. Mommy and Daddy, keep doing what you're doing! A 3 hour cry-fest. Ahhh, those were the days. We remember them quite fondly. That can be very normal. I made up a few songs that I'd sing to Inara for those night. My favorite is "Tummy rumbles. Tummy rumbles. Go away! Go away!" It very well could have been gas. That's what always got Inara cranky. Thanks for the update. I've been checking all day to read about the doctor visit. I love you guys!!