Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Family and Work Weekend

Well this past weekend I had to work all weekend long. I was fortunate enough to have discharged all my patient's except one on Saturday. I was hoping the house supervisor would allow me to go home, but she is somewhat of a air-head and she had me go to Postpartum Care Unit to give the nurses a break. When I arrived none of the nurse's wanted a break they just wanted me to answer the phone and call lights, so I called the house supervisor and said "okay they want me to answer phones and not give them a break so I will stay for an hour and then go home". So, she said "okay thank you so much". Working in a different department is hard because you do not know where anything is at, so I had to keep asking them for things. They would have been better off without me there, but oh well. I had an hour left of my shift so I decided I would stay in the lounge and then clock out, but I was so bored I just left.
In addition, Saturday one of our nurses lost a patient suddenly and the family was so heart broken specially because the wife did not know what her husband would have wanted (I mean they both decided, but then they were going back and fourth on what he (the patient) really wanted if something were to happen). It was an unfortunate situation and I can not get into detail because of confidentately, but just remember this always take each day as if it were your last because you never know when God is going to take you. The patient had been awake,walking, talking and waiting for the doctors to give him a finally diagnosis and then he just died.
Sunday, I went into work and was a break nurse so I had to give everyone lunch breaks and help where ever the nurse's needed on my floor only. So, I also left work early and thank goodness because I was so tired.
Saturday when I got home from work we had dinner with my brother, Jodi and Riley. Then after dinner Danny and I took them to a ice cream palor which I think we all really enjoyed (I hoped they did at least Riley did). I bitched to the manager and the waiter because Danny never got his shake and we all got our ice cream and so we got the shake for free. My parent's left back to the RV while the rest of us went right to bed. Sunday, David wanted to take me to work to show Riley where I worked but really he just wanted to drive my BMW (which he almost crashed a couple times). He likes to look at everything including what's in the car and almost hitting the side rails to the right of us on the freeway. I was having heart attacks in the back seat.
I have been very tired lately and feeling a little under the weather. I am very uncomfortable at night and can not get comfortable for the life of me. This sucks!
I had my doc appt yesterday (Monday) and my mom came with me. Everything so far is great. I had asked him, "everyone kepts telling me I am small, is everything okay with the fluids and the baby", he responded just tell them "Thank you". No, but everything is normally and he said that I am holding my baby close to me since my muslces are so tight. My other question was my weight. I gained 9 lbs since my last visit making it already 30lbs. I weight 138 or 140 before I got pregnant and now I am 168. This sucks, but the doc said I am tall and will probably gain more but my weight is healthy and good and not to be worried. But, hell I am because that is a lot and I do not eat bad one bit, in fact, people at work make fun of me because I eat so healthy. I hope I do not really gain more weight!!! BUT WATCH I WILL LOSE ALL THE WEIGHT, YOU JUST WATCH!!!!! :)

3 comments:

Jeri said...

Your body is not use to you eating, because of bowel problems, so every bit you eat it holds on to it knowing one day you might stop eating again.
Don't worry you won't have any problems losing the weight again.
Love Ya

cdaveygo said...

I think you might be over-reacting to my driving. I was looking at all the cool gizmos on your car and I wasn't paying attention to the road well, but almost crashing is a bit of an overstatement. Thanks for letting me drive it. We all loved the ice cream parlor and Riley especially loved hanging out with her cool auntie. "Her most favorite Auntie", but we won't tell the other ones.

Love ya!

marisa said...

From this point on, you won't be able to get comfy sleeping. Sorry to break the news. Actually, once the baby is born, you will have a tough time sleeping as well. Welcome to mommyhood. As for weight gain, you CANNOT worry about it so much. You are meant to gain weight and every person is different. You were so skinny to begin with that your body is adding more calories to provide the healthiest environment for your baby. You will be amazed how much weight you will lose after bambino is born. Just keep eating healthy and STOP worrying about the scale.