Saturday, May 3, 2008

Re-cap Since 4/26

Well, let me re-cap on what has happened since last Saturday.
Saturday, Emerson (Danny's BF) and his girlfreind Marina came up to Bakersfield so that Danny and him could watch the Laker Game. Yes, the lakers beat the other team. Danny and I then cooked them dinner. It was about 9 pm when they just decided to head back home instead of staying the night. I guess Marina had to work on Sunday and Emerson wanted to sleep in. So they took off.

Sunday, Danny and I went to church. We cleaned around the house and just relaxed for once.

Monday, was the start of a long week. I was to work Monday - Friday and 12 hour shifts. I picked up a shift on Thursday (which was going to be my only day off). However, I was lucky because one of the co-workers picked up my Friday. YES!!!! I had the whole weekend off. I could not wait because I had a patient who was on the call light all the time wanting me to come and talk with her. For example, she would stop the IV machine and so the machine would peep. I would then have to go in there and fix it. Damn she was a pain in my ass and yes, I had her all 4 days and I needed a break from her. I was lucky because on the 3rd day she went to surgery and I did not have to worry about her until she came back to me at change of shift. I have comed to enjoy eldery people. I mean I have always really liked them, but where I work I love to have them as patient's (at least the one's that are mentally with it).
Pregnancy News: I can tell that I am retaining a lot of H2O because my legs during work are swollen and my fingers go a little numb. I was not able to workout this week, so I have saved that for the weekend.
Friday, was not every excititng for me because I had to do some things, like the banks and go pay a Macy's bill. I then came home and watch the movie 27 bridesmaid dresses, or is it 27 dresses, well, needless to say it was a cute movie.
Today, we have a couple people coming over to work on the cable, yard and Danny getting ready to paint (at least he said he was). Me, I will be cleaning the house and doing laundry.

5 comments:

Jeri said...

You still have tomorrow, Sunday, off so after church have a nice breakfast and go home and take a nap.
It was great hearing that the painting got done, now if the gardener will just show up. We will be back on the 27th and Bob and Jackie I think will be there too. The couple you met from our Mexico trip.
Love you guys

marisa said...

Girl, don't you know you need to rest!!! It sounds like you are doing a ton of work when you're at home. Resting your body will help with you swelling, big time. Yes, it's great to still exercise, but your body needs rest too, especially since once that baby comes, there will be no resting allowed. Haha! Plus, I strongly suggest that you and Danny do something romantic just the two of you soon before you really get uncomfy. Take a weekend trip away or something. I wish Shawn and I had done that before Inara came. It seems like forever since our last trip. Just a suggestion from a worn-out mom.

Berlyg said...

I just asked Danny about a romantic trip and he said "after the laker season"

marisa said...

Oh that boy needs a smack upside the head. Lakers will be there next season. Free time without a baby won't. Does he think he'll be able to watch b-ball when baby's crying and fussing? Hahaha. Good luck, buddy, as Shawn would say.

Danny said...

Hey Marisa, so i'll have time to train the baby not to cry when next season starts. J/k. Hope is all well. Tell Shawn I say hello.
By the way, I did not tell Kim "after the lakers season". I just told her to wait after the laker parade. J/k. I will make arrangements for us to go out of town soon.