Monday, June 8, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy.....

So, Danny and I are finally off of work. I have 6 weeks off and Danny has almost 7 weeks off. I return July 10 on nights and Danny returns July 17th I believe.

We have been so busy since we have been off of work. Since we are finally home owners, Danny is the new handyman around the house. And I go shopping, get nails done and play with Mady while I am off of work. We had bought a new dining room table, but did not work out here so my parents took it up to Arizona. It worked out great because it fit their house just right. Then, Danny and I went shopping for a new dining room table which we have purchased and already received.

Thursday, I went to a mom's party. A girl from Stroller Strides was hosting a party and so I wanted to show my support and went for like an 1 1/2. Friday night, was mom's night out with Stroller Strides plus Marelle's (a mom from class) birthday. We went out to dinner at BJ's which I love and there were like 10 mom's it was great and we had a good time.

Saturday, we finally had our windows replaced and they look great. This is the first house purchase from us and it was well worth it. Then, Sunday I had Aimee's last bridal shower with Tony's (her soon to be husband) side of the family. While, I was away Danny watched Mady and put up the blinds throughout the house.

While all of this is going on throughout the week, I am also teaching Stroller Strides 3-4 days a week. I love it and I hope to build more clients on my side where I teach.

Danny is enjoying being the handyman around the house and especially since it is our house. We also have put ceiling fans outside on the patio, painted the fireplace and slowly cleaning out the garage.

My parents have finally moved and I hope they are enjoying their new home, but they will return this week for Mady's party.

Happy Birthday to Mady as she is turning 11 months tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jeri said...

"My parents have finally moved"? You make it sound like Thank goodness they are finally gone.:)

Happy 11 month B/day Miss Madison see you all tomorrow

Berlyg said...

No.No. No.
We are sad you guys have moved, especially Mady!

marisa said...

Jeri, I wondered the same thing about Kim's comment. :-)

Kim, you guys sound like true home owners spending as much money on the house as you can as quick as possible. Just be sure all the renovations/updates you're doing will pay off if you are going to sell the place and move to AZ later this year. Any word on Danny's school of choice yet? By the way, how did you guys swing so much vacation time all at once and why haven't you planned a trip out here to CO yet? I wish we could be there for Mady's bday party this weekend. Have fun. I'll look forward to seeing the pictures.

marisa said...

Oh one last thing I was going to suggest that you guys start a wishlist on Amazon so friends and family know what you guys would like for gifts for Mady. You should do this starting with Christmas this year. I've got one set up for Inara. All you do is from Amazon.com, search under wishlists for Inara Tomlinson. It makes it so easy for people to get gifts for kids, especially if they live out of town.

Berlyg said...

We truly need to plan a trip up there. what do your plans look like the last week of June?
We are not moving to AZ just yet. And yes all this new homowner stuff is expensive.
We will miss ya at Mady's party.
We love you and Miss you