Sunday, July 13, 2008

Welcome Miss Madison Kathleen

As you all know I delivered a beautiful baby girl named Madison Kathleen, aka Mady. She was 5 lbs 13oz, 19in long and has a ton of black hair.
The c-section went well and I am healing just fine from the surgery. I was up and walking the next day to help aid in my recovery. The day of the surgery Danny's parents, younger brother, sister and her family were there for the delivery (oh and of course my parents). Right before the Dr took out the baby they asked "So you really do not know"and we responded by saying "No we do not". So then they were asking "so who thinks what the sex is" and we responded with some answers, just then to Dr showed Danny the baby and Danny announced to me "Its a girl" both Danny and I started crying. It was the most amazing feeling and excitement to not know what you are having until the big announcement. After she came out of course Danny went with her to the nursery as the Dr's were finsihing up. In recovery they brought her over to me so I could start to breast feed then they brought me to my room. Of course, everyone wanted to hold her and for me I let them since I would have her that night.
I was discharged from the hospital on Friday morning and that night was really hard. Miss Madison did not want to feed nor did she want to wake up to want to feed.
On Saturday morning, Danny and I contacted the lactation consultant to get some advice and she said to contact the Dr. We contacted the Dr and she did not seem concerned and to wake her up every 2 hours and if needed give her some formula. Saturday, was hard on me with of course came some crying. My brother David and his wife and daughter came to visit and took some amazing pictures of her. That night my mom made us dinner while the rest of the gang went to the movies. Saturday night was the hardest night because she would not sleep nor feed. However, she did finally sleep after she had a large poop and then she did eat.
Today, my mom came over and she cooked us breakfast. Then, Danny and I went to bed. Feeding are a lot better and I do have some milk coming in which is helping.
My daughter is beautiful and amazing and I just hope and pray that she will grow healthy and strong.

No comments: