Wednesday, May 21, 2008

3D Ultrasound

So, first I just want to say congrats to Danny on getting both A's in his classes. Great Job Papa.!!!

So, we went to the 3D ultrasound this past weekend on Sat and I have to say that this baby is really stubborden. I had eatin some strawberries and yogurt before I left to get something in my stomach because I new when we got back we would have breakfast. So, we get there and the lady is really nice. Of course you have to fill out stupid paperwork stuff and pay first. Then, they brough us into the room. There was a bed for me to lay on which was super comfortable and chairs and recliners for other people to sit on. There was a hugh screen in front of me and another TV in the corner if anyone was sitting over that way.
First, she goes "here we go, cover your eyes". She started playing this music which was so soft and I started to cry. I am such a baby. We saw the baby for the first time and it had it arm across its face and sleeping. And I have to say, that is how I sleep, how weird is that. But, anyways the lady kept trying to tap my belly to wake up the baby but nothing and she did this for a good 10 mins. There were a couple times the baby did take the hand of the face so we could see part of the face. It has Danny's nose and lips! Hint Hint....
She had me eat a bar and drink some apple juice, do a couple of streches and then she could re check again. Again, the child would not show his/her face completly. We did see the hand, foot and one ear and she did this for maybe 30mins. I then had to go pee and walk up and down the stairs. I came back again we re-checked the baby and still the baby did not move. See I told you the baby was stubborn. We did get a couple of good pictures, especially when the baby gave us a peace sign in front of the face and the other when the baby smiled at us. I will have my dad post the pic when they return.
Then, Sunday we had the Grimmway picnic which Grimmway Farms does every year for the employee's (the carrot cleaners, packers, stackers etc.) and Danny's company comes to provide medical services. We only had 2 people which was great, but for one of them we were in the sun for maybe 15 mins and I got so burnt. This sucks having fair skin. Thanks Dad!

4 comments:

Jeri said...

You probably should have eaten some hot sauce or hot salsa that would have gotten the baby to move around.

marisa said...

I have yet to hear anyone says their baby was cooperative during an ultrasound, especially the 3D ones. Inara kept covering her face with her hands and arms, so we only got a couple good pics. It's so true: the way they sleep in the womb will be the way they later on. Inara loves to cover her face when she's sleeping. She's so like her dad. By the way, what's with the hint, hint? Does that mean it's a boy? I thought you weren't going to find out? You're KILLIN' me! But I still love you!!!

Berlyg said...

We still do not know the sex of the baby, but it just made it that more really to me that I think it is a boy, but you never know. We could have a girl with Danny's nose and lips which would be soo cute.

cdaveygo said...

Where are the pictures?

Dave